One of Peugeot's primary concerns as a car manufacturer is its commitment to the environment, which for the company goes hand in hand with driving enjoyment. Peugeot engineers have risen to the challenge, coming up with a range of efficient technologies.
Our family of 3-cylinder Peugeot PureTech petrol engines is a fusion of efficiency and cutting-edge technology. Voted 'Engine of the Year' in its category in 2015, 2016 and 2017, these engines are now available across the entire Peugeot range from the compact 208 to the all-new 3008 SUV.Discover More
In creating the most efficient diesel system on the market in terms of reducing polluting emissions, Peugeot has confirmed its leadership in environmental efficiency. BlueHDi is the name given to Peugeot Euro 6 diesel engines that combine high performance with lower emissions.Discover More
EAT6 auto gearbox
The EAT6 gearbox is a 6-speed automatic gearbox, optimising both consumption and your driving experience. The EAT6 gearbox has been designed to drastically reduce carbon emissions while still offering a high quality of driving and is available on selected Peugeot models.Discover More
STOP & START
With the Stop & Start function, available on petrol and diesel engines, you can combine ecological performance with enjoyable driving.
Adapted to urban driving, the Stop & Start function automatically switches off the engine every time the car stops, for example when waiting at a red light or at a road junction. When the driver wants to continue their journey, restarting is performed instantly and smoothly.
This technology has many advantages: greater control over consumption (-15% in dense urban traffic, compared to a conventional vehicle), a reduction in carbon emissions (zero emissions during engine cut-out phases) and complete silence when not in motion.
In order to suit all driving preferences, the Stop & Start function can also be deactivated if desired.
The EMP2 platform has a modular construction central to the design and manufacture of the new mid-range and high-end Peugeot models. This new chassis provides:
- A modular architecture to meet the specific requirements of the main world markets (5-door hatchbacks, saloons, estates and SUVs)
- A diversity of engines and gearboxes on a single platform (4-cylinder, hybrid, 4 wheel drive, etc.)
- Lighter cars and a reduction in carbon emissions while improving robustness, security and driving pleasure thanks to its innovative lightweight materials like steel, composite materials, aluminium for ground links and cutting-edge processes (such as hot stamping and laser welding)
- Innovative technological choices optimising steering pleasure, handling, interior comfort and safety (composite floor, ultra-low rolling resistance tyres, etc.)
- More freedom of style (large wheels, variability of wheelbases, low bonnet and low driving position, etc.) regardless of the silhouette (SUV, saloon, etc.)